5 Can’t Afford to Miss Checklist Points for Website Development
April 8, 2020
So, you’re developing a website but you’re unsure of things you need. Many have been in this situation and understandably so. It takes time and effort to develop a website.
From creating a perfect code to securing your website, it is a long process. Having a checklist ensures a systematic approach to the development process. The following checklist will ensure your website development is smooth and without any inconvenience. The list highlights the essentials for every website, so ensure they’re on your personal checklist.
1. Secure the domain
Your website’s identity depends on its name. If you have a name in mind and start developing a website without confirming its availability, then all the effort you’ve put in will be for nothing. Hence the first step is to ensure your domain name is available. After this, ensure to get an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. When SSL is installed, it ensures a safe connection between a web server and a browser.
2. Build Your SEOSearch Engine Optimization
is a critical part of your website. Based on your product, you will need to understand how you will ensure your website reaches your target audience. Follow these steps to get your SEO set up and ready when your site goes live:
1. Research the keywords your customers are most likely to use to search for your products or services – use Google Keyword Planner
2. Plan out and write the meta tags you will use for the backend SEO.
3. Plan out the sitemap so that you can interlink your pages
4. Write down the alt tags for each of your images – even the smallest of them have a valueKeep a check on the following:
1. Gather data on your page speed
2. Check the days and times users visit your website – the peak days and time are the most important
3. Watch the pages that are the top landing pages – you can further optimize these pages and use them for directing traffic to other pages
4. Tie in the exit pages – work on them to stop users from leaving your site
3. Get the Design Spot On!
The design of a website plays a very important role in the overall response of users. If your website does not appeal to the eyes of its users, they will most likely leave. 1. Take references from other websites, view different themes that match the product your selling. 2. Research on what product-specific website designs appeal to most people and try and emulate that into your website. 3. Plan out what the most important things that you want your visitors to view on the home page – the rest of the pages follow the scheme
4. Use External Tools You Will Need
Many tools can enhance your website and make its user experience stand out. Tools that help you send automated emails to clients,tools that help you track user visits, etc. Based on the product you’re using, identify which tools would work best for you. Once you have a shortlist ready, identify how much integration would cost and plan your budget accordingly. Some handy tools you can use for FREE:
1. Google Keyword Planner
2. Google Analytics
3. Google Webmaster
4. META SEO Inspector
5. Flaticon – for free vector icons
6. Bootstrap – popular front-end component library for building responsive, mobile-first projects on the web
7. FREE website builders such as Wix, Weebly or WordPress
Most tools have a free version. However, premium accounts have exclusive and extra benefits. You can buy a package as per your need but ONLY when you are sure of the features and functions you need. Its easy to waste money on tools and not using most of the features that come bundled.
5. Don’t Skip Cybersecurity Cybersecurity
is a big, big, big threat. Hackers are always prowling around to tear your site to smithereens, lock it down and wipe off your data. Install website security tools to safeguard your website. Some of the popular tools are Wordfence, SiteGuarding, Quttera and Web Cookies Scanner.
This will help protect all your content and keep hackers at bay.
All of these you can do yourself given the way user-centric technology is rapidly advancing every day. Yet, one must admit that you need some amount of tech knowledge to get everything in place the way you want. As the saying goes, “The work suits in the hands of the one skilled to do it. If someone else does it, he’s sure to mess it up.”
Get a professional website development company
who specializes in complete full-service web solutions. Let their team to handle all your end to end website and app solutions from design to development, from content to SEO. Focus on your business while your website & app get the shape you want. Just ensure that the end product matches your key business objectives and goals.