7 Web Development Trends to Gain Competitive Advantage in 2021
May 19, 2021
With so many platforms, frameworks, and templates available in 2021, web development trends, in particular, e-commerce development trends in the present age, are veering toward specialized skillsets. Platforms such as Shopify, CS-Cart, BigCommerce, Magento, and WooCommerce have considerably expanded their feature sets over the years. With each of these allowing open access for script modification, it has become harder to differentiate web designs at the front end and emphasize your brand by functionality. That is why you need highly experienced and specialized Shopify, BigCommerce, or CS-Cart web developers and designers to ensure that your online retail plans are best realized. This article discusses 7 web development and web design trends that are set to dominate in 2021, particularly in regard to e-commerce development and design.
1. Low Code and Zero Code Application Development
SaaS platforms such as SquareSpace, Wix, Weebly, and many others have made website creation almost coding-free. However, their functionalities are limited and the chief aim, which is e-commerce management, is lost as a result. Shopify developers
, for example, can add crucial features out-of-the-box, such as organized inventory management and integration with third party applications. But you can also tweak CSS and HTML scripts to customize your layout to a higher degree than with a DIY platform such as Wix. How this trend affects web development is that developers will now need to shorten development lifecycles and eliminate redundant manual tasks to achieve faster go-to-market results.
2. Artificial Intelligence and Machine LearningAI and ML have been leading technology trends in all industries and the web development use case is no different. Google Analytics, too, has. Been using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and ML to understand how website users behave while Amazon’s Alexa has been using VR and ML to create conversations between users and machines. Chatbots used in instant messaging to e-store customer care, are another example of AI and ML in use.
3. Progressive Web Apps In Place of Native Mobile Apps
Technology overload has reached critical levels with many smartphone users complaining of app-tiredness. PWAs eliminate this problem by working on any available browser without the loss of speed, responsive interfaces, and engagement design elements. If you’re an e-commerce website owner who only operates out of a native app, you’ve most likely missed out on huge potential leads.
4. Motion Interfaces to Replace Static UI
Users logging on to a web application or mobile app have found it refreshingly easier to navigate through interactions once a moving design element has caught their eye. Apart from providing visual cues for task progression, motion UI adds interactive and expressive features and aesthetics.
5. Cloud Migration
More and more data and computing is set to move to the cloud, and a Gartner study estimates this move to be worth USD 306.9 billion by the close of 2021. Also in focus for website owners and web application developers, will be the need to access, manage, and secure the cloud architecture from hackers and rogue state agents.
6. API-First Development
With so many new devices online (fit-bits, tablets, smart watches), new APIs to connect them all together should not be required. API considerations are fast becoming an integral part of development. Development heads need to be ensure that all API documentation is available before choosing software for tech stacks.
7. Increased Importance of CybersecurityHackers are not only becoming more sophisticated, they also have deep pockets in 2021. Rogue state actors are said to have disrupted databases of the American Congress in 2020. Common measures to secure web development include security assessments, referencing known vulnerabilities, securing your cloud infrastructure, and strengthening password access, restricting permissions, and encryption.
Wisitech is a highly experienced and qualified eCommerce development company
that can help incorporate the latest web development functionalities within your current software development lifecycle and cleanly develop e-stores that stand apart from the competition. Call for a FREE consultation here