How to Hire a Core PHP & WooCommerce Developer in 2024
January 25, 2022
An online business venture needs an ecommerce website, that is a given. But to run a successful online business where customers can easily access and buy your products or services, you need to develop a website which is robust, dynamic, updated with the latest version of software and framework and safe from hacking attacks. The basic requirement will be to hire a competent and reliable PHP or WooCommerce developer company.
Let’s find out who exactly are PHP and WooCommerce developers. We will also discuss some useful tips for hiring the best PHP & WooCommerce Developer Company to get that precise webpage you need to make your business a success.
What is PHP & WooCommerce?
Core PHP developers perform the most critical duties – developing applications, programs, and websites. PHP developers also troubleshoot, maintain, and debug any code issues or security problems. In collaboration with other team members, they work to refine different software solutions.
As we mentioned PHP & WooCommerce developers are the building blocks for your business as they assist you in developing and maintaining your entire website or applications.
What does a PHP Developer Do?
Following are some of the key responsibilities of a PHP developer:
- Make detailed analysis and documentation of your website and application requirements
- Write back-end code and build efficient PHP modules
- Develop back-end portals with an optimized database
- Troubleshoot application and code issues
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Respond to integration requests from front-end developers
- Finalize back-end features and testing web applications
- Update and alter application features to enhance performance
What should you look for in your PHP Developer:
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks including Yii, Laravel, and CodeIgniter
- Understanding of object-oriented PHP programming
- Previous experience creating scalable applications
- Proficient with code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, CVS, and SVN
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Ability to project manage
- Good problem-solving skills (Source: betterteam.com)
The most popular e-commerce solution for a WordPress site is WooCommerce. But it is not a simple plug and play solution. For best results, you need to customize it suit your business requirements. A competent and skilled WooCommerce developer can help you build a tailor-made and efficient eCommerce website on WordPress.
Choose your WooCommerce developer carefully.
Here’s a cheatsheet on the essential qualifications your WooCommerce developer should have:
- A background in WooCommerce is a must and the ability to prioritize PHP in the approach. An over dependency on plugins and other third-party tools is not advisable as these reduce the download speed of the website which in turn affects visitor traffic and sales.
- Knowledge of other eCommerce platforms like Magento and Shopify
- Knowledge of online store optimization, SEO best practices, website load speed
- Ability to create documentation and guided backend creation. This is an essential part of the process that will help later when you are updating and maintaining the site.
Decide if you need an in-house developer or a highly experienced team of developers from the best PHP & WooCommerce development agency.
In order to build a site with strong revenue-focused navigations, user-friendly designs, and exceptional back-end functionality you need professionals who can help you meet the modern requirements of your online website or store. To unleash the potential of the eCommerce market, hire the experienced team of PHP & WooCommerce developers from Wisitech InfoSolutions for the best development solutions for your business right now.